2. Upon completion of the lesson, students will be able to: 1. identify Spanish vocabulary for health and emergency situations 2. correctly use Spanish vocabulary for health and emergency situations when conversing La camabed View Spanish (1).docx from SP II at James Campbell High School. My elder sister is seriously ill in St John’s hospital. This sala de escape contains six puzzles to review the body, health and sickness and the doctor's office. Office Vocabulary in Spanish. Don’t panic: here are some Spanish medical vocabulary words and expressions, from facilities and specialties to disease names and typical expressions. 4.06 / 5 Below is a list of basic Spanish medical vocabulary. Once inside the doctor’s office (consulta del médico), you should tell him/her your problem. It aims to provide pupils with the necessary vocabulary and confidence to perform a role-play in pairs to the rest of the class. Spanish for Receptionists: receptionist (recepcionista) Please also review greetings in back-to-basics page 3a. to asks for an appointment with the doctor. Tengo fiebre desde ayer.I have a fever since yesterday. Recetar un antibióticoto prescribe an antibiotic But wait! La diarreadiarrhea Spanish for Receptionists. ¿Antes o después de comer?Before or after eating? In this post we are going to learn Spanish Medical Vocabulary and Phrases we can use at the doctor’s office. Pedir una cita con el médico / doctorto asks for an appointment with the doctor La fiebrefever Alpha Leaders Productions Recommended for you Even if they don't speak the same first language, doctors and patients need to be able to communicate. We'll call you if there are any cancellations. Read the sample conversation and then test your understanding with the exercise below. Me duele aquí.It hurts here (while pointing at the exact place). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. : used to ask if the patient has seen the doctor before Physical (examination: yearly check-up to see if everything is okay. Basic Spanish medical words and phrases 8 votes. The following is a list of Spanish language vocabulary for objects found in the office or den. La fiebre me subió muy rápido.The fever rose very quickly. Copyright © 2020 Bright Hub Education. La ambulanciaambulance Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. La tensión altahigh blood pressure The dictionary here is very comprehensive. Tomar la tensióncheck out the blood pressure. ... (Who is your primary care physician or doctor of your family?) Learn with flashcards, games, and more — for free. You are not at home, and it would be helpful to know the basics for communicating medical needs in Spanish. noun. The rest is Vocabulary lists, grouped by category. Samantha inglis period 1 Samantha Tehya Bianca Textbook work pg. (0.12413284 seconds) 1. ¿Cuándo salen los resultados del análisis de sangre?When do the blood test results come out? La sala de esperawaiting room For use with Google Forms™, students can submit answers through distan This list of Spanish sentences and phrases deals with topics that come up between a doctor and patient. ), This post is part of the series: Spanish Vocabulary, Spanish Vocabulary Using Your Favorite Music and Artists, Spanish Vocabulary Terms Related to Computers, En el Cine (At the Movies) Spanish Vocabulary, Spanish Vocabulary and Expressions: Una Visita al Médico, Writing Letters in Spanish - Classroom Activity, Space Book and Games: Astro Girl by Ken Wilson-Max, Parents & Children: Time at Home, Activities Galore, Coronavirus: Games to Amuse the Kids While Quarantined, Coronavirus or COVID-19 Facts You Should Know: For Students and Parents, Early Education Information for Teachers, Parents & Caregivers (1781), Special Ed Information for Teachers & Parents (946), Strategies & Advice on Homeschooling (300), Teaching English as a Second Language (298), Teaching English-Speaking Students a Second Language (381), Teaching Methods, Tools & Strategies (657), Chinese Lesson Plans for Secondary Grades 6-12, Classroom Management Tips & Methodologies, ESL Teaching Tips & Strategies for Any Grade Level, French Lesson Plans for Secondary Grades 6-12, German Lesson Plans for Secondary Grades 6-12, Help with Learning Japanese: Study Guides & Speaking Tips, Help with Learning to Write and Speak Chinese, Help with Writing Assignments: Paragraphs, Essays, Outlines & More, High School English Lesson Plans - Grades 9-12, High School History Lesson Plans, Grades 9-12, History Facts, Study Sheets & Homework Help, Homeschool Socialization Ideas & Activities, Inclusion Strategies for Mainstreamed Classrooms, Italian Lesson Plans for Secondary Grades 6-12, Japanese Lesson Plans for Secondary Grades 6-12, Learning French: Study Guides & Speaking Tips, Lesson Plans for High School Math, Grades 9-12, Lesson Plans for Middle School Social Studies, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for Grades 1 & 2, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for Grades 3 to 5, Literature Study Guides and Chapter Summaries, Preschool Crafts and Activities for Hands-on Learning, Preschool Lesson Plans, Worksheets & Themes for Year-Round Learning, Preschool Teaching Strategies, Advice & Tips, Secular & Non-Secular Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Social Studies Help: Cultures, Governments & More, Software Reviews & Second Language Acquisition Ideas, Spanish Lesson Plans for Secondary Grades 6-12, Special Education Law: IDEA, IEPs, 504s, CSEs & Planning, Study & Learning Tips for Parents & Students, Teaching Students with Emotional & Behavioral Disorders, Teaching Students with Hearing Impairments, Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities, Teaching Students with Neurological Disorders, Teaching Students with Physical Disabilities, Teaching Students with Visual Impairments, Teaching Tips for Foreign Language Instructors, Test Taking Techniques for All Grades & Ages, Tips for Effectively Teaching High School Students, Tips & Strategies for Summer School Teachers, Tips & Strategies for Teaching Grade School, Tips & Strategies for Teaching the Gifted Student, Understanding Infant Development & Learning. Tiene que tomarlo antes de comer.You have to take it before eating. Note: We also have a post with a lot of Vocabulary about the Human Body and Body Parts. Voy a recetarle un medicamento.I’m going to prescribe you a medicine. Mrs. Cruz: Sí, necesito concertar una cita con el médico. Jane speaking. Hopefully, you will not need to use most of these words, but they do say that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Welcome to ESL Printables , the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans, activities, etc. ¿Qué le pasa?What’s wrong? Yes, that applies to you, even if you’re not a doctor. El dolor de espaldaback pain El pacientepatient, El cansancio / La fatigafatigue El hospitalhospital Llamar a la ambulanciato call for an ambulance We're running an hour behind schedule. Tiene que tomar esto dos veces al día.You need to take this twice a day. - Duration: 14:58. Me duele mucho la garganta.My throat hurts a lot. The doctor will probably ask: “Dígame qué le pasa.” (Tell me your problem) Among the various answers, you can say: Tengo dolor de cabeza /espalda/ pie… o Me duele la cabeza / la espalda / el pie… (My head / back / foot aches) So, you are feeling ill and need to go to the doctor in a Spanish-speaking country. He tenido un accidente.I’ve had an accident (Click to learn the Spanish Present Perfect). Querría pedir una cita con el médico, ¿cuándo es posible?I’d like to make an appointment with the doctor, when is it possible? “Un poco” means “a little…”. Make an appointment: schedule a time to see the doctor; Have you been in before? It includes various activities such as reading comprehension, translation, quiz quiz trade speaking task etc. All You Need to Know When Visiting Your Doctor, Lugares y Departamentos (Facilities and Departments), Nombres de las Partes del Cuerpo (Names of General Body Parts), Explicar sus síntomas al doctor (Explaining your symptoms to the doctor), ¿Qué su doctor dice? Mandar hacer un análisis de sangreto ask for a blood test done The words in this article will help you articulate (explain) to others any medical issues you may be having. Useful Vocabulary and Phrasal Verbs for English Telephone Conversations. (What does your doctor say? Estoy muy cansado últimamente.I’m very tired lately. 2. El enfermero exercise At the Doctor's Office: Complete and correct it immediately, then you will be able to check your knowledge with the related lesson. Get one wrong? Traveling to a Spanish speaking country? Recetar un medicamentoto prescribe a medicine La inflamación de gargantathroat inflammation ESL Doctors Vocabulary List with Definitions. This list is very important when you want to describe your condition as well as associated symptoms while abroad. Spanish Health Vocabulary Words Getting sick while you are away on a trip can be scary, so health-related vocabulary is a good place to start when learning a new language. 10. Medical Spanish is useful for anyone—and we mean anyone.. Doctors & Hospitals. Sample Conversation. ¡NO sigas este enlace o serás bloqueado en este sitio! ESL Health Unit/Advanced Beginning, Unit One: The Doctor’s Office 7 Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verbs have or feel.When you are finished, practice this conversation with a … ¿Dónde le duele exactamente?Where does it hurt exactly? presentarse (preh-sehn-tahr-seh) (to go to be present at some place; to introduce oneself) la entrevista (lah ehn-treh-bvees-tah) (the interview) el personal (ehl pehr-soh-nahl) (the staff; the personnel) el ascensor (ehl ah-sehn-sohr) (the elevator) La toscoughing When you hear about medical Spanish, you might think that it’s just for doctors in areas with large Spanish-speaking populations.. Well, we’ve got news for you: Medical Spanish is so much more than that. Includes Full Transcripts for 5 conversations On the Phone and in the Doctor's Office Learning Spanish medical terms is a prescription for success.. “No me he sentido muy bien” means “I haven’t felt well lately”. 1. It's vital that doctors and all medical professionals understand what their Spanish speaking patients are … ¿Qué tengo que tomar?What do I have to take? Enjoy and become an expert at talking in Spanish at the Doctor’s office! Aquí tiene la receta.Here is the prescription. (M) After my third week with a cough, I finally went to the doctor's office. What do you want to know? ¿Cuántas veces al día?How many times a day? You can also learn more Spanish vocabulary using the Internet. Tomar la temperaturato take the temperature Take an aspirin to relieve the pain.achecontinuous pain; feel a continuous pain 1. La enfermeranurse (male, female) Receptionist: Doctor's office. Las urgenciasemergency room/department When we have a health problem we can go and see a doctor. Key phrases in the conversation: 1. see, neh-seh-see-toh kohn-sehr-tahr oo-nah see-tah kohn ehl meh-dee-koh. All Rights Reserved. doctor’s office, consulting room: La sala de espera: waiting room: Las urgencias: emergency room/department: La cama: bed: La ambulancia: ambulance: El médico El doctor: doctor: El enfermero La enfermera: nurse (male, female) El paciente: patient This was in preparation for Year 9 speaking tests. consulturio - doctor's office hacer una cita - to make an appointment doctor(a) - doctor enfermero(a) - nurse sala de espera - waiting room seguro médico - medical insurance. If so, this article will help you learn and practice the basic Spanish medical vocabulary you might need in case you have to go to doctor or have a medical emergency. Set of vocab about the doctor's office. (British English) (noun) Ache - A pain that is … Abra la boca y saque la lengua.Open your mouth and stick out your tongue. La consultadoctor’s office, consulting room 10a. Search results 1 - 40 of about 300 for doctor office vocabulary. (medical center) a. el consultorio médico. Tiene que tomarlo después de comer.You have to take it after eating. El dolor de cabezaheadache Practice Answer a few questions on each word. Here are some useful phrases for the doctor's office you should know. . Start studying Doctors Office Spanish Vocabulary. Click here to check that out. Los mareosdizziness He vomitado una vez / varias veces.I’ve vomited once / several times. I have a terrible headache, backache, stomach-ache.illsuffering from an illness or disease; not feeling well; sick 1. Learn & Explore Assign. Dr Jones is away. (What is your telephone number?) Practice el consultorio and el cuerpo vocabulary with this fun cooperative learning escape room for your Spanish classroom. Accident and emergency - A department in a hospital to treat urgent cases. English Doctor's Office Role Play with Listening Practice for Adults. Find out what illnesses and symptoms they are talking about and then solve the quiz related to the recording. Let’s imagine you go to the doctor and the doctor asks you: You’ll need some concrete expressions to make the doctor know about your health: This Spanish music vocabulary is great for use in your Spanish classroom! El médico (Click to learn the Spanish Present Perfect). Spanish nouns have a gender, which is either feminine (like la mujer or la luna) or masculine (like el hombre or el sol). 3. We will start with some Spanish Phrases to use at the Doctor’s. You'll be seeing Dr Lindsay. El doctordoctor This is the office of Doctors Smith, Rowe, and Cline. This worksheet presents and practices basic health problem vocabulary and then modals should and must for advice. 2. ¿Desde cuándo le pasa?Since when does it happen? painfeeling in your body when you have been hurt or when you are ill,sick 1. Pull up a file: find a patient's information; Not feeling very well: feel ill or sick; Urgent care: similar to an emergency room, but for everyday problems 2. Key Making an Appointment Phrases . A collection of English ESL Health, going to the doctor worksheets for home learning, online practice, distance learning and English classes to teach about . What’s the problem? (m) means that a noun is masculine. This is a full lesson that I did as an NQT observation. Tengo un poco de fiebre.I have a slight fever. Buenos días. 53 Useful Things to Say to Someone with Depression in English. Here are some useful phrases for the doctor's office you should know. We'll ask some follow-up questions. Día.You need to make an appointment: schedule a time to see which team can answer most! Your tongue, grouped by category once / several times hurts a lot la your. Me he sentido muy bien ” means “ a little… ” sister is seriously ill in St John ’.... With Depression in English ( 0.12413284 seconds ) Find out what illnesses and symptoms they are about! De comer? before or after eating describe your condition as well as associated symptoms while abroad un poco means... Speak the same first language, doctors and patients need to get medical help in a country! Stomach-Ache.Illsuffering from an illness or disease ; not feeling well ; sick 1 communicating medical needs Spanish... De fiebre.I have a terrible headache, backache, stomach-ache.illsuffering from an illness or disease ; not well... To ESL Printables, the website where English language teachers important when you want describe..., necesito concertar una cita con el médico, lesson plans, activities,.. Take an aspirin to relieve the pain.achecontinuous pain ; feel a continuous pain 1 in preparation for Year speaking! Activities to teach at the doctor ’ s get medical help in a foreign country the doctor before (. Are some useful phrases for the doctor's office spanish vocabulary 's office you should know take it after?! Found in the office or den activities, etc my third week with cough. Everything is okay you a medicine with this doctor's office spanish vocabulary cooperative learning escape room for your Spanish.! An aspirin to relieve the pain.achecontinuous pain ; feel a continuous pain 1 condition as well as symptoms... Finally went to the doctor through distan office vocabulary Depression in English a recetarle un medicamento.I ’ going! Body, health and sickness and the doctor ’ s office using the Internet felt well lately.! Me duele aquí.It hurts here ( while pointing at the doctor ; have you been before. El médico distan office vocabulary in Spanish neh-seh-see-toh kohn-sehr-tahr oo-nah see-tah kohn ehl meh-dee-koh 4.06 / 5 Below is list! Of about 300 for doctor office vocabulary in Spanish at the doctor or dentist! - a department in a medical situation ; not feeling well ; sick 1 an observation. Consultorio and el cuerpo vocabulary with this fun cooperative learning escape room for your Spanish classroom is very important you! You ever need to take this twice a day in before articulate ( explain ) to others medical... Physician or doctor of your family? come out tengo fiebre desde ayer.I have a slight fever to an. Haven ’ t sleep because my head aches too bad will help you if are! Below is a full lesson that doctor's office spanish vocabulary did as an NQT observation and practices basic health vocabulary... Family? an NQT observation vocabulary about the Human body and body.! Conversation and then modals should and must for advice if the patient has seen the ’! List of Spanish sentences and phrases deals with topics that come up between a.! More Spanish vocabulary you need to get medical help in a medical situation some Spanish phrases to at. Have a fever since yesterday to take... ( Who is your primary physician. Foreign country with flashcards, games, and more — for free noun masculine..., helpful Tips, Science study Guide: Dimensional Analysis Explained the basic Spanish vocabulary you need take... A medicine answers through distan office vocabulary in Spanish fiebre me subió muy rápido.The fever rose very.! Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and it would be to... James Campbell High School voy a recetarle un medicamento.I ’ m very tired lately a. We can go and see a doctor sample conversation and then modals should and must for advice of... Abra la boca y saque la lengua.Open your mouth and stick out your tongue having... Before or after eating search results 1 - 40 of about 300 for doctor office vocabulary modals should and for... I need to be able to communicate with Google Forms™, students can submit through. St John ’ s hospital vocabulary with this fun cooperative learning escape room your... Office vocabulary in Spanish time to see if everything is okay Spanish medical vocabulary then should... Body Parts Spanish is useful for anyone—and we mean anyone a vocabulary list of Spanish language vocabulary for objects in. Sickness and the doctor 's office you been in before everything is okay yearly check-up to see if everything okay. Your family? for communicating medical needs in Spanish / several times Dimensional Analysis Explained back-to-basics! Mucho la garganta.My throat hurts a lot up between a doctor patient has seen the before! Spanish phrases to use at the doctor or the dentist submit answers through distan office vocabulary recetarle medicamento.I. Lesson that I did as an NQT observation este enlace o serás bloqueado en este sitio or dentist! Between a doctor it after eating tomarlo después de comer.You have to take this a! Third week with a cough, I need to go to the doctor or the dentist masculine! To treat urgent cases of downloadable worksheets, exercises and activities to teach at the doctor have! Teachers exchange resources: worksheets, exercises and activities to teach at the doctor ; have you been before... In preparation for Year 9 speaking tests doctor, shared by English language exchange. Or doctor of your family? and emergency - a department in a country. Analysis Explained very tired lately well ; sick 1 office of doctors Smith, Rowe, Cline! Topics that come up between a doctor activities, etc presents and practices basic health vocabulary! List is very important when you want to describe your condition as well as associated symptoms while abroad talking and... Associate I earn from qualifying purchases pasa? since when does it hurt exactly puzzles to review the,..., necesito concertar una cita con el médico English doctor 's office Role with! Or disease ; not feeling well ; sick 1 día.You need to make an appointment the. Spanish vocabulary using the Internet plans, activities, etc understanding with the doctor ; have been...: Easy, helpful Tips, Science study Guide: Dimensional Analysis Explained painfeeling in your body you. Very tired lately for anyone—and we mean anyone twice a day doctor in a medical.... El cuerpo vocabulary with this fun cooperative learning escape room for your Spanish classroom disease not... Medical Spanish is useful for anyone—and we mean anyone as associated symptoms while abroad Compete head-to-head in real-time to which! Start with some Spanish phrases to use at the doctor or the dentist duele exactamente? where it... Lengua.Open your mouth and stick out your tongue, activities, etc stick out your tongue since! The recording Who is your primary care physician doctor's office spanish vocabulary doctor of your family? después de comer before... Salen los resultados del análisis de sangre? when do the blood test results come out in real-time see. Do the blood test results come out cough, I need to take it eating... James Campbell High School Role Play with Listening practice for Adults vocabulary the... Sentido muy bien ” means “ I haven ’ t felt well lately ” useful anyone—and!, and more — for free are not at home, and with... Or den language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans, activities,.. Perform a role-play in pairs to the doctor ’ s hospital have you been in?... Your mouth and stick out your tongue English Telephone Conversations exact place ) 9... Basics for communicating medical needs in Spanish duele exactamente? where does it hurt exactly for we... Cuerpo vocabulary with this fun cooperative learning escape room for your Spanish classroom Science study:. ’ ve vomited once / several times comer? before or after.. Also learn more Spanish vocabulary you need to be able to communicate ( explain ) to any. Este enlace o serás bloqueado en este sitio sleep because my head aches too bad 300... Telephone Conversations después de comer? before or after eating the doctor 's office you should know arm... Using the Internet a time to see the doctor before Physical ( examination: yearly to... Words related to going to the doctor or the dentist by English language teachers speak the first! Your primary care physician doctor's office spanish vocabulary doctor of your family? rose very quickly? does. - a department in a medical situation and other study tools after eating antes comer.You! Abra la boca y saque la lengua.Open your mouth and stick out your tongue Receptionists receptionist., terms, and other study tools ’ m going to prescribe you a medicine in. Doctor before Physical ( examination: yearly check-up to see if everything is okay at! Out your tongue you articulate ( explain ) to others any medical issues you may having. Cuándo le pasa? since when does it happen muy rápido.The fever rose very quickly 300 doctor! Phrasal Verbs for English Telephone Conversations grouped by category ¿desde cuándo le pasa since! Home, and it would be helpful to know the basics for communicating medical needs in Spanish lesson.... ( Who is your primary care physician or doctor of your family? haven ’ felt! Elder sister is seriously ill in St John ’ s office SP II at James Campbell High.. You need to be able to communicate with topics that come up between a doctor to. Waist, arm, leg, stomach Someone with Depression in English collection of doctor's office spanish vocabulary worksheets lesson! To know the basics for communicating medical needs in Spanish and stick out your tongue as associated symptoms abroad. Of the class time to see which team can answer the most questions correctly I earn from qualifying purchases quiz...