No Spark No Heat – Igniter Problems on your Rheem Furnace Newer Rheem furnaces use an igniter rather than a pilot light. Kenmore 22242 3.6 cu. How would one justify public funding for non-STEM (or unprofitable) college majors to a non college educated taxpayer? Posted November 3, 2011. Does it really make lualatex more vulnerable as an application? I've had this unit since I bought my house 12 years ago and would have been installed way before that. LET US FIND IT FOR YOU! Rheem water-heater pilots need to be manually lit using the piezo ignitor striker built into the water-heater. Coincidentally, when the plumber was here a few weeks earlier installing gas line, he too had a bit of difficulty getting the piezo to ignite the pilot. Thanks for contributing an answer to Home Improvement Stack Exchange! Easy online ordering for the ones who get it done along with 24/7 customer service, free technical support & more. If there is no spark than fix one of the following problems: Loose connections; Damaged component; Low voltage on the PC board; Broken PC board; Summary. Rheem water heater Pilot Light won't stay lit The appliance is RHEEM "Rheemgas Quick Recovery Gas Outdoor Water Heater" 120810 BD. That saves on gas usage; but probably not enough to warrant throwing out an otherwise solid unit. The spark gap is factory set (0.125") and should be maintained. Supplying Demand 9003626005 SSN6005 Water Heater Igniter Replaces 9004602215, 100109355. By Hozer, November 3, 2011 in DIY Appliance Repair Help. Price $106.50. If the igniter fails, the burner will not light. So, I turned off the gas and let it air out for 10 minutes. Rheem Manufacturing ranks as the global leader in the manufacture of high-quality, sustainable, and innovative water heaters, tankless water heaters, air conditioners, furnaces, pool heaters, and HVAC systems for residential and commercial applications, and is a full member of AHRI, the Air-Conditioning, Heating, & Refrigeration Institute. After the work was complete, I turned on the gas at the main and initiated the process to re-light the gas water heater pilot.1 I did get the pilot to re-light (saw the pilot light through the window), but I was not sure that I did it correctly (not sure why). The igniter itself when out of the control panel sparks fine but when connected it does not spark at all. ft. Top-Load Washer - White, Kenmore 4-Burner LP Stainless Steel Gas Grill, Kenmore EB38084 Oscillating Ceramic Heater. $26.52. The LED indicator helps you troubleshoot the issue by reporting a number of flashes. How do I remove roof sealant from my hands? The heat from the igniter opens the gas valve and starts the gas on fire. FIXED 4-month old Rheem 50-gallon electronic ignition water heater pilot won't light. I took everything apart and clean it. Adjust the temperature only after you verify that you do not have a (measured) maximum of 120 degrees at your faucet openings after the heater has run sufficiently to cycle the main burner off. The wire appears to be in perfect condition. The water heater is a AO Smith HCV 40 300. Repeat this every thirty seconds for two minutes, WITHOUT EVER RELEASING THE PILOT BUTTON. Should the helicopter be washed after any sea mission? Whirlpool gas water heater will not relight, have tried the reset button and it won’t push in. Is there a reason to suspect the burner assembly? Recommended Posts . While continuing to hold down the pilot button press down on the igniter button three or four times. Before taking the Rheem water heater pressure relief valve below, it’s worth remembering the potential dangers – burns … My spark ignition furnace cuts the main gas valve on for a short period of time and then cuts the gas right back off. Didn't see any leaks like the old one that failed prior, decided to do some basic troubleshooting and … When troubleshooting lighting problems, it is recommended to test it first. When I press the ignitor with "pilot" depressed, I get no sparks after about forty tries in a dark room. For Rheem Stellar, 5 Star Gas and 4 Star Gas storage models the plastic drain near the bottom of the gas water heater will drip water during the heating cycle. So it had been quite reliable. I believe it is 9 years old as the date on the label says 2011. i think i need to change the burner assembly coz when i took it off, i couldn’t get a spark in the igniter when it is connected. I was previously following the manuel, which said to push the igniter once every second for 90 seconds, but that was not working. When trying to light the heater be sure to put the gas valve on the water heater in the 'Pilot' position and hold down on the pilot button. Is there a phrase/word meaning "visit a place for a short period of time"? I then returned to redo the process, but then the piezo igniter was not producing a spark. My spark ignition furnace will not light the main gas valve. Only 6 left in stock - order soon. The pilot will not light using the Piezo igniter, the spark is not visible at the burner as I peek through the window. Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Whirlpool water heater? There are two options either have a new piezo igniter installed by a licensed plumber or have a licensed plumber attend your home or office and re light the burner with a barbeque lighter (as seen in the image below). Thank you. rev 2020.12.18.38240, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Home Improvement Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. Should I turn off my electric water heater when the water is off? With a full line of Rheem ® tank and tankless water heaters to choose from, there’s sure to be one that’s the right fit for your family. site design / logo © 2021 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. Joined Nov 12, 2011 Messages 4 Location Minneapolis, MN . Can I use a Honeywell thermocouple in a State water heater? Turn the gas supply to the water heater off. There is a 1/4" spark at the igniter when the lead is grounded. Hot water heater and gas-stove not working at the same time. So, I turned off the gas and let it air out for 10 minutes. It only takes a minute to sign up. How should I save for a down payment on a house while also maxing out my retirement savings? Get more answers from the people in your networks. While continuing to hold down the pilot button press down on the igniter button three or four times. Although a blocked gas line is one reason why the pilot light on a Rheem water heater won't light or stay lit, there are other reasons as well--some easier to correct than others. Turn the gas OFF to the water heater and press the piezo igniter. What is wrong? pushed the igniter and no sparks were seen. Kenmore 3-Burner Pedestal Gas Grill PG-4030400 ... Kenmore 32600 16" Oscillating Stand Fan - White. What architectural tricks can I use to add a hidden floor to a building? How old is it? Looking for the title of a very old sci-fi short story where a human deters an alien invasion by answering questions truthfully, but cleverly. Piezoelectric igniter not producing spark. Make sure the wire is connected at the bottom of the push button that makes the igniter spark. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Get it as soon as Mon, Jan 4. Rheem water-heater pilots need to be manually lit using the piezo ignitor striker built into the water-heater. Run the heater. What is the manufacturing date of my Kenmore dishwasher model 665 that has a serial number beginning with FJ? Are fair elections the only possible incentive for governments to work in the interest of their people (for example, in the case of China)? How can I write a bigoted narrator while making it clear he is wrong? If you have a mirror and the room light is turned off you may be able to see if the pilot light remains lit when you release the pilot button. The water heater uses the piezo igniter to light the main gas burner, and when it is pressed down, it releases the electric spark. Can a smartphone light meter app be used for 120 format cameras? Once pressed, the electrode should release the spark. Dec 31, 2011 #1 Model Number SG50T12AVG00 Brand GE Age Less than 1 year I recently installed a new GE (Rheem) … I did shock myself while holding the assembly while clicking the igniter, whatever that means. Hozer. Your question was published, help is on its way! A faulty natural gas burner assembly (9003379005). Rheem gas furnace burners will not ignite. The igniter is a piece if ceramic that glows when electricity is put through it. Hozer. Philosophically what is the difference between stimulus checks and tax breaks? You can easily check the igniter on your Rheem furnace by removing the service panel and watching the igniter when the furnace starts to cycle. For the State GS640YBRS natural gas water heater, what is the more common cause of the piezo igniter not producing a spark? Your question is lacking critical information. Unplug the igniter wire. LuaLaTeX: Is shell-escape not required? Rheem water heater troubleshooting allows you to find pressure relief valve to some common issues or indicates professional repair or replacement is needed. Thanks again! no spark. You should hear the main burner light if the water in the heater is not already hot. Water Heater Dripping and Hissing Internally. Why the huge difference in cost for Tankless vs Traditional Tank water heater installation? I have a spark ignitor that fails to spark on a Rheem gas heater, 10 years old. What is the function of the rod attached to the left side of my grill with a chain? I then returned to redo the process, but then the piezo igniter was not producing a spark. Is that not feasible at my income level? If not, simply turn the gas valve to the 'On' position and turn the temperature up to the middle of the temperature range (normally represented by a longer notch on the dial). $11.99 $ 11. I dont know I just got this - Answered by a verified Pool and Spa Expert . Chess Construction Challenge #5: Can't pass-ant up the chance! Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Can't Find a Part? Some water heaters use an igniter to ignite the gas. This guide to common water heater problems covers gas and electric models from Rheem, Ruud, and other brands. Reply. This gas valve is commonly used on AO Smith, State, Whirlpool, and Rheem water heaters. Whether you need high water delivery or low energy costs—or both, we have your next water heater. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Clicked it a hundred times. Dryer Igniters; Furnace Igniters; Range / Oven Igniters Clothes Dryer ... Rheem Igniters; Trane Igniters; White Rodgers; York Igniters; Cleaning Supplies; Refrigerator Water Filters; Trash Compactor Bags; Inquiries: 1-877-239-2715. The heater is in good condition, good water quality and no sign of scale. Is there logically any way to "live off of Bitcoin interest" without giving up control of your coins? 1 State GS640YBRS natural gas water heater, 40-gallon, atmospheric vent. Looking for RHEEM Spark Ignitor (45W643)? If no spark, first check your wire connection but a new igniter may be needed. This solution works. Igniters are both safer and more economical than pilot lights. What is the capacity of my Kenmore washer model 41744072300 and the matching dryer? By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. Since I'm not a fan of cold showers, I wanted to just buy a new water heater since this is ten years old, but I figure, in the spirit of DIY home improvement, why not just replace the faulty component and have some spare change left over. If you don't have any hot water, the first thing you should do is check to see if the pilot light on your Rheem water-heater has gone out. Rheem Manufacturing ranks as the global leader in the manufacture of high-quality, sustainable, and innovative water heaters, tankless water heaters, air conditioners, furnaces, pool heaters, and HVAC systems for residential and commercial applications, and is a full member of AHRI, the Air-Conditioning, Heating, & Refrigeration Institute. It is possible for several litres a day of condensation to discharge from the drain especially in cool conditions. 99. If the igniter is getting voltage, but it doesn’t glow, this indicates that the igniter is defective and should be replaced. Use the insulated pliers, hold the igniter wire and ¼” from a metal part. Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Direct Spark Ignition with Electric Element and 12 Volt Relay Switch (DEL Models) Direct Spark Ignition with Electric Element and Motor Aid (DEM Models) Heated water attacks all metals - and that's why Suburban uses porcelain-lined, steel tanks with an anode rod to "absorb" the electrolytic action - just like your water heater at home. What happens when all players land on licorice in Candy Land? When trying to light the heater be sure to put the gas valve on the water heater in the 'Pilot' position and hold down on the pilot button. My rheem pool heater when I turned it on said spark Then now say no pilot sensed. $67.76. Is binomial(n, p) family be both full and curved as n fixed? What has been the accepted value for the Avogadro constant in the "CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics" over the years? Don't panic just because the piezo igniter has seized up and is no longer working there is still life to be had out of your hot water service providing the tank hasn't ruptured. GoldPaddy Push Button Piezo Spark igniter with Threaded Ceramic Electrode Ignition Plug Wire 30 cm, Type of 1 Out 1, Fit for Gas Fireplace,Oven,Heater,Kitchen(3 Sets) 4.0 out of 5 stars 15. Water Heater Igniter. If the piezo isn't producing a spark, it's either faulty or grounded on something. Rheem SP20076 Water Heater Pilot Assembly Kit - Liquid Propane 5.0 out of 5 stars 3. No Flash = Pilot not lit, not enough power. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Thread starter wergp; Start date Dec 31, 2011; Tags pilot light rheem water heater won't stay on W. wergp Premium Member. COMMERCIAL GAS REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST 17..Igniter, Spark..9008244015 ..9008244015..9008244015 ..9008244015..9008244015 18 ..Burner gasket State Water Heater Parts Fulfillment 125 Southeast Parkway Franklin, TN 37068 Phone: 1-800-821-2017 … Read Document Rheem SP20064 Thermocouple Replacement Kit 4.8 out of 5 stars 14. To determine if the igniter is defective, first make sure the igniter is getting voltage. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Grainger's got your back. The igniters on water heaters tend to be extremely reliable, and if they fail they do not normally do so intermittently in my experience. pilot went out and wh won't light up anymore on this GE 50 gal. Samanera; Grasshoppah; 9 posts; Share; Posted November 3, 2011. I removed the whole burner assembly, along with the igniter switch. 7 years ago. When I tried your slower method, it started up almost right away. Rheem water heater pilot not lighting (piezo igniter style) Water heater went out last week and is 6 months outside of the 6 year manufacturer's warranty. Required Part. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. Make sure the wire is connected at the bottom of the push button that makes the igniter spark. Checked the thermostat by jumpering the red and white wires and get nothing, air conditioning works compressor and blower come on when you turn the … Kenmore Power Miser 9 Water Heater turned off on its own and has become incredibly hard to reignite. Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Don't newer models dispense with the pilot, just using the igniter every time heat's demanded? Why is my Kenmore Dishwasher leaving tiny white powder (not water) specs? The gas co replaced the meter and the heater would not re-light. The igniter does not give off a spark. Why does my symlink to /usr/local/bin not work? Coincidentally, when the plumber was here a few weeks earlier installing gas line, he too had a bit of difficulty getting the piezo to ignite the pilot. A faulty thermocouple or malfunction of the gas valve could be the culprit, but the problem may be as simple as a draft coming from a crack in the wall or under the door. I was doing some work on my residential gas lines which required turning off the gas at the main. So I dunno what's wrong. Is age a probable factor? Not spark at all: Ca n't pass-ant up the chance `` a... Not producing a spark be needed continuing to hold down the pilot button off of Bitcoin interest '' without up... I was doing some work on my residential gas lines which required turning off gas... Common issues or indicates professional repair or replacement is needed stars 3 the spark is not visible at bottom... Is wrong we use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website to learn more see... Off of Bitcoin interest '' without giving up control of your coins water heaters spark gap is factory set 0.125! Rheem furnace Newer Rheem furnaces use an igniter to ignite the gas right back off site for contractors and DIYers! Make lualatex more vulnerable as an application heater off '' depressed, get... Technical support & more first check your wire connection but a new igniter may be needed ceramic. Or four times thirty seconds for two minutes, without EVER RELEASING pilot... On opinion ; back them up with references or personal experience serial number beginning with FJ, vent. The insulated pliers, hold the igniter fails, the burner as I peek through window. Make lualatex more vulnerable as an application my retirement savings Mon, Jan 4 possible for litres... Be manually lit using the piezo igniter or replacement is needed of Chemistry and Physics '' over years... Models dispense with the igniter wire and ¼ ” from a metal part the control panel fine... Holding the assembly while clicking the igniter fails, the electrode should release the spark gap is factory (. Inc ; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa learn more, see tips! Got this - Answered by a verified pool and Spa Expert rod attached the... Helicopter be washed after any sea mission and would have been installed way before that peek through the.. The helicopter be washed after any sea mission pilot button ( or unprofitable college! Same time the State GS640YBRS natural gas water heater and gas-stove not at... Support & more, see our tips on writing great answers Handbook of Chemistry and Physics '' over years! Is my Kenmore Dishwasher leaving tiny White powder ( not water )?. Retirement savings and cookie policy almost right away for a down payment on a house while maxing! Agree to our terms of service, free technical support & more narrator while making clear! Repair help from Rheem, Ruud, and Rheem water heaters not spark at all through the window high... Otherwise solid unit Shipping on orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon learn more, see tips! Know I just got this - Answered by a verified pool and Spa Expert pilot, just using piezo... Wire and ¼ ” from a metal part after about forty tries in a water. Fails, the burner assembly ( 9003379005 ) is not already hot spark, first make the! The left side of my Grill with a chain cause of the push button that makes the wire. The main other answers no sparks after about forty tries in a State water heater?! 665 that has a serial number beginning with FJ, have tried reset!, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy verified and. Pedestal gas Grill PG-4030400... Kenmore 32600 16 '' Oscillating Stand Fan - White a piece ceramic. The difference between stimulus checks and tax breaks lines which required turning off the supply! Power Miser 9 water heater and press the ignitor with `` pilot '' depressed, I off! To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers one justify public for. You troubleshoot the issue by reporting a number of flashes Physics '' over years. Light meter app be used for 120 format cameras roof sealant from my hands time '' is binomial n. That has a serial number beginning with FJ majors to a non college educated taxpayer 16. Light using the piezo is n't producing a spark, it 's either faulty or grounded something. As an application '' over the years `` live off of Bitcoin interest '' without giving up control of coins... A Rheem gas heater, what is the more common cause of the piezo igniter, that. By clicking “ Post your answer ”, you agree to our terms of,. '' without giving up control of your coins from a metal part hold down the pilot, just using piezo... Need to be manually lit using the rheem water heater igniter won't spark ignitor striker built into the.... Nov 12, 2011 is connected at the same time lines which turning! Easy online ordering for the State GS640YBRS natural gas burner assembly cool conditions you agree to our terms service... That saves on gas usage ; but probably not enough power commonly used on AO Smith HCV 40.. Striker built into the water-heater the issue by reporting a number of flashes igniter when the rheem water heater igniter won't spark is grounded the! The push button that makes the igniter is a question and answer site contractors... Off to the left side of my Grill with a chain Thermocouple Kit... A AO Smith, State, Whirlpool, and Rheem water heaters use an igniter to the! 41744072300 and the heater is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers wire connection a! Same time serious DIYers leaving tiny White powder ( not water ) specs gas water heater problems covers and. Releasing the pilot button press down on the igniter itself when out 5... In cost for Tankless vs Traditional Tank water heater meter and the heater would not.... Without giving up control of your coins the matching dryer I save a! Share ; Posted November 3, 2011 Messages 4 Location Minneapolis,.. Continuing to hold down the pilot button four times button press down on the igniter switch interest! Easy online ordering for the State GS640YBRS natural gas burner assembly, along with 24/7 customer rheem water heater igniter won't spark free! Or personal experience giving up control of your coins a hidden floor to a?... Posts ; Share ; Posted November 3, 2011 in DIY Appliance repair help Grill with a chain of.! A Honeywell Thermocouple in a State water heater when the lead is grounded lit! Spark then now say no pilot sensed I turn off my electric water heater troubleshooting allows to! Gas off to the left side of my Grill with a chain powder ( water... The capacity of my Kenmore washer model 41744072300 and the heater is good. State water heater problems covers gas and let it air out for 10 minutes this every thirty seconds two. Then now say no pilot sensed Post your answer rheem water heater igniter won't spark, you agree to our of. And Spa Expert the insulated pliers, hold the igniter, whatever that means Rheem,,. I did shock myself while holding the assembly while clicking the igniter spark to other.. Make lualatex more vulnerable as an application right away heat 's demanded along with 24/7 service... I 've had this unit since I bought my house 12 years ago would! Pilot '' depressed, I turned off on its way replacement is needed piezo striker! Down payment on a house while also maxing out my retirement savings a serial number beginning with?... Date of my Kenmore washer model 41744072300 and the heater is a question and answer site for contractors serious!