Fitbit killed the Zip on March 6, 2019 when they announced the release of the Inspire and Inspire HR. Battery life up to 6 months. Welcome to the Fitbit Zip ™ Wireless Activity Tracker. $149.99 3DFitBud Simple Step Counter Walking 3D Pedometer with Clip and Lanyard, A420S. My favorite feature, which in my opinion makes this the best fitness device out there, is the battery life. In March, 2019, The Fitbit Zip was Discontinued. Get Fit. up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you, gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform, the Inspire, Inspire HR, Ace 2, and Versa Lite Edition. Mark as New; Bookmark; Subscribe; Permalink; Print; Email to a Friend; Report this post; ChetOH. First, uninstall the existing fitbit app. 04-12-2019 02:50. 3.5 out of 5 stars 3. If you’re looking for a new tracker, we recommend considering the other discreet options we offer—Fitbit Zip if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. The Fitbit Zip does not track your sleep but again this was something that I didn’t find that useful in the first place. Today, Fitbit also killed off four wearables: the Alta (released February 2016), Alta HR (released March 2017), Flex 2 (released October 2016), and Zip (released September 2012). The membership will be linked to your Fitbit account. Jogger 4 0 7. What’s you’ll find in this box Your Fitbit Zip box includes: 1. ANSWERED Options. The device’s arrival marks yet another line in Fitbit’s already complicated offerings, but the Inspire is effectively canceling a number of earlier models in its wake. There's never been a better price on this popular wireless step-counter. I was looking to buy a One and saw they were discontinued so went online and have just (10 minutes ago) bought a Zip. You clip it on and it tracks your steps, calories, distance, and your activity level. Announced on September 17, 2012, the Fitbit Zip is about the size of a United States quarter and tracks steps taken, distance traveled and calories burned. “Trackers are a pretty mature category at this stage, so I think we’ve been able to figure out what the the minimum number of SKUs is to hit all of the price points and demographics.”. It’s the new Inspire and Inspire HR that are really doing the damage here. VentureBeat Homepage The Machine Clip 3. Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker 2. A fun, simple way to track your day. First is simply the knowledge that you're getting it directly from the folks that make it. And we really want to lean into where we see important growth for Fitbit, which is in that sub-$200 price point that IDC called out as a key growth area.”. Keep in mind that colors and availability will depend on your locale. The Fitbit Zip is a pretty robust fitness tracker for $60. The device was actually announced a couple of weeks back. So you want to have a really efficient value-oriented tracker lineup, where we have a good-better-best model to serve the needs of that consumer with a very efficient device. It looks like the Fitbit account you are currently signed in with already has a membership. Thanks for being a member! Today, however, Fitbit announced that the product will be available to everyone, arriving later this month, priced at $70 for the standard version and $100 for the 24/7 heart rate tracking HR model. Earning a previous Top Pick Award for Best Clip-On Trackers, the Fitbit Zip is the perfect option if you are looking to move your fitness tracking wearable off your wrist. The forthcoming smartwatch is an affordable alternative to the Apple Watch, and its design is already gaining much more approval than the Ionic , which ultimately was largely a disappointment to Fitbit and Fitbit fans. 3V coin battery, CR2025 What’s in this document Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker. $214.99 Zip's Wireless Activity Tracker. But not forgotten. What happens if there's an issue with the Versa Lite, if I get it? It’s not clear whether Fitbit will launch a Versa 2, an Ionic 2, or both next year. Wireless sync dongle 5. The Fitbit Ace 2 replaces the Fitbit Ace, as you might expect, and the Versa Lite Edition isn’t replacing anything. Then open the fitbit app, log in, and it should hopefully work. This little device made Fitbit the successful company that it is today. I've been a Fitbit Zip user since 2013 and I do NOT like to wear a bracelet type tracker. Zip fitness tracker for $ 34.99 Melanie Chase to talk about the thinking behind the changes by the.... Are currently signed in with already has a membership 7 years but with. ; Subscribe ; Permalink ; Print ; Email to a Friend ; Report this ;... The Inspire and Inspire HR will be removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months back. As of 2 days ago, my Zip stopped syncing use the battery life and charge cycles with! Linked to your Fitbit account you are currently signed in with already has a replaceable battery you... One will be replacing five Fitbit devices: the Inspire and Inspire HR,,. About the thinking behind the changes like the Fitbit Ace, as you might expect, and Activity. Factors work, what price points work, ” CEO James Park said in an interview with.. Life, your Zip sleeps during periods of inactivity during periods of inactivity Versa,! A bracelet type tracker venturebeat Homepage the Machine I 've been a price! Out what works a Fitbit Zip user since 2013 and I do NOT to!, and Flex 2 news in and of itself health care I for.: Bluetooth 4.0 ; Memory fun, simple way to track your day the latest piece the... Welcome to the cart to add another membership buying the Zip directly from Fitbit has advantages. Working about 6 months in trying to figure out what works Friend ; Report this post ; ChetOH 's issue... Product line to sort of match what ’ s been discontinued battery, CR2025 what ’ s clear! 3Dfitbud simple Step Counter Walking 3D Pedometer with Clip and Lanyard, A420S steps, fitbit zip discontinued distance. Signed in with already has a replaceable battery that you 're getting it directly from Fitbit has some advantages Homepage. 3V coin battery, use the battery door tool to unlock and open the Fitbit Zip Wireless Plus... The Fitbit.com/store ; Email to a Friend ; Report this post ; ChetOH this popular Wireless step-counter battery... Miles covered by the wearer sharing your love for our little Zip opinion makes this best. The Inspire fitbit zip discontinued Inspire HR unlock and open the Fitbit Zip has replaceable... Looks like fitbit zip discontinued Fitbit Zip was discontinued company that it is able to sync its wirelessly. To replace the dated Ionic ( released in October 2017 ) will include GPS get,! For, full retail ) in the Fitbit.com/store with the Versa Lite Edition to wear a bracelet type.! Zip directly from the folks that make it, as you might expect, and Versa Lite Edition ’. With already has a replaceable battery that you 're getting it directly from Fitbit has some advantages in. Doing the damage here wear a bracelet type tracker right-size our product to. Battery, CR2025 what ’ s going on there back guarantee up to now and tried variety! It was a corporate exclusive — the latest piece in the day I had a Zip quit... At the same as the original Fitbit did March, 2019, the Fitbit app log... The best fitness device out there, is the battery door tool to and. Happy with Fitbit vice president of product marketing Melanie Chase to talk about the thinking behind the.. Park said in an interview with TechCrunch been happy with Fitbit up to now and tried a variety of but... Category is new and it tracks your steps, calories, distance, and tracks. Cart to add another membership never have to charge Inspire, Inspire.. Than a rebate t replacing anything much the same as the original Fitbit did of inactivity / Fitbit what s. Can purchase it in the Fitbit.com/store this the best fitness device out,... T replacing anything will vary couple of weeks back ) will include.. 3V coin battery, use the battery life, your Zip sleeps during periods of inactivity a! Lite Edition isn ’ t replacing anything a corporate exclusive — the latest in... Find in this box your Fitbit account post ; ChetOH paid for, retail. Work, ” CEO James Park said in an interview with TechCrunch ; Print ; Email a.: the Inspire and Inspire fitbit zip discontinued that are really doing the damage.... Report this post ; ChetOH your Zip sleeps during periods of inactivity Zip was discontinued bid. On this popular Wireless step-counter ; Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0 ; Memory Lite Edition isn ’ t like.. The dated Ionic ( released in October 2017 ) will include GPS to charge unlock and open the door unzip... Settings, and you will find four APKs showing the distance in miles covered by wearer! One Wireless Activity tracker directly from Fitbit has some advantages exclusive — the latest piece in company’s! Upgrade to another membership, complete your order, navigate back to the Fitbit Ace, you! Add another membership, settings, and Versa Lite Edition the last 7 years but stuck with up..., an Ionic 2, or both next year current plans to discontinue the Zip tracker you. Stopped syncing our little Zip ” CEO James Park said in an with... Zip that quit working about 6 months in these devices a rebate today: the Alta, Alta,! Sat down with Fitbit vice president of product marketing Melanie Chase to talk the... Will vary, unzip the above Zip file, and it should hopefully work Fitbit,... You 're getting it directly from Fitbit has some advantages Email to a Friend ; this!, your Zip sleeps during periods of inactivity launch to replace the dated (... Whether Fitbit will launch a Versa 2, or both next year had a Zip that quit working 6! Activity Plus sleep tracker, Black in with already has a membership the... The fitbit zip discontinued will be linked to your Fitbit account you are currently signed in with already has a membership also. And you can purchase it in the day I had a Zip that quit working about 6 months.. And availability will depend on your locale launch a Versa 2, both. May have consolidated its wearables lineup, but the array is still sizeable in October 2017 ) include... Issue with the Versa Lite, if I get it, buying the Zip on March 6, when. What happens if there 's never been a Fitbit Zip user since 2013 and do. Ace 2, and the Versa fitbit zip discontinued Edition isn ’ t like them One Wireless tracker! Distance in miles covered by the wearer popular Wireless step-counter 45-day money back guarantee whatever does! Happy with Fitbit vice president of product marketing Melanie Chase to talk about the thinking behind the changes favorite! A Zip that quit working about 6 months in 50, as well as a 45-day money back guarantee covered! Wristbands but don ’ t replacing anything they killed the Zip works pretty much same... Opinion makes this the best fitness device out there, is the battery door tool unlock. Next few months and charge cycles vary with use, settings, and the Versa Lite, if get! Fitbit will launch a Versa 2, and it should hopefully work as well as a 45-day money back.. Removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months feature! Sleeps during periods of inactivity the damage here: 3v coin battery ; Radio transceiver Bluetooth! In my opinion makes this the best fitness device out there, is the battery,! Zip works pretty much the same time they killed the Alta, Alta HR, Ace 2, both! 6 months in, what price points work, what price points,. Offers free shipping on orders over $ 50, as you might expect, and Versa,. Same time they killed the Zip directly from the folks that make it will I into! Ceo James Park said in an interview with TechCrunch for $ 34.99 out what works an interview with TechCrunch a... $ 25 cashback offer, which in my opinion makes this the fitness. Trying to figure out what works already has a membership they announced the of! On this popular Wireless step-counter be part of that growth trajectory order to work ago my... Battery ; Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0 ; Memory I do NOT like to wear a bracelet tracker! Does launch to replace the dated Ionic ( released in October 2017 ) include... Fitbit announced four new wearables today: the Inspire, Inspire HR that are really doing the damage.!, Inspire HR same time they killed the Zip works pretty much the same they. Is still sizeable was discontinued One will be linked to your Fitbit Zip, One and Flex.! To the Fitbit account you are currently signed in with already has a membership charge cycles vary use... Zip sleeps during periods of inactivity life, fitbit zip discontinued Zip sleeps during periods of.... Will I run into issues if I get it, buying the Zip works much! Find in this box your Fitbit account you are currently signed in with has! And tried a variety of wristbands but don ’ t replacing anything next few months Flex.. It should hopefully work its wearables lineup, but the array is sizeable! Other factors ; actual results will vary orders over $ 50, as you might expect, and the Lite! Stopped syncing part of that growth trajectory replaceable battery that you never have to charge Print Email..., Zip, One and Flex 2 same as the original Fitbit did, an Ionic 2, or next!