Stay Like A Local™ and eat like an Austinite. Austin is one of the leading food truck cities in America, so it’s no wonder that some of the best eats in town can be found on four wheels. Some of the best restaurants in Austin have started from food trucks, so don’t be scared if you find yourself grabbing a burger, taco or even a donut from one of these fine dining establishments. It’s what’s made the Austin food scene so great!
Here’s our list of the Top 15 Trucks in Austin:
- Gourdough’s – Housed in a vintage Airstream Trailer, Gourdough’s is sure to satisfy the adventurous foodie in all of us. This place is known for their Big. Fat. Donuts. And the unique food pairings will keep you coming back for more!What to get: Mother Clucker, Cherry Bombs, Funky Monkey or Granny’s Pie. In other words: try everything!! Better yet, go with a group of friends and create your own sampler.
1503 S 1st Street
- Hey You Gunna Eat or What? – Looking for some deep-fried goodness to satisfy your appetite? Then try these handcrafted sandwiches that are made over a flat-top grill. If you’re looking to wash it down with a tasty adult beverage be sure to BYOB.What to get: Monte Cristo
1318 S Congress Ave
- Via 313 – Authentic Detroit-style pizza served deep in the heart of Texas.What to get: The Cadillac
1111 E 6th Street
- La Barbecue – Did you know that their sausage is made daily? In house? Enough said. And their custom fabricated smoker is sure to make any kind of BBQ to your liking.What to get: Ribs. Ribs. And more ribs.
1200 E 6th Street
- Way South Philly – Authentic cheese steaks with a bit of Northeast flavor served right here in Austin, TX.What to get: The Balboa
6th and Waller
- Lulu B’s – Great Vietnamese dining with affordable prices and a fun atmosphere! Perfect for lunch on the go or a picnic under their big oak tree.What to get: Pork Bahn Mi Sandwich
2113 S Lamar Blvd
- Peached Tortilla – Tacos, burgers and burritos with an eclectic twist that is sure to delight even the pickiest of taste buds. Oh, and did we mention that all the sauces they use are homemade? An even better reason to keep it local when dining here!What to get: Japajam burger
Location changes daily- Be sure to check their website for the Truck Locations schedule
- ChiLantro – A Korean and Mexican fusion of flavors that is sure to add a little kick to your meal. Home of Korean BBQ tacos and the original maker of Kimchi fries- caramelized Kimchi, a mound of Korean BBQ and other delicious items piled on top of French fries.What to get: Beef bulgogi tacos with kimchi or a Korean burger
Location changes daily- be sure to track down their truck on Twitter! (@ChiLantroBBQ) or check out the Truck Schedule of their homepage.
- Llama’s PeruvianAuthetic Peruvian food in the form of sandwiches, stir fry, braised chicken and more.What to get: Beef hearts or stir fry sammie
611 Trinity St.
- Patrizi’s – A family owned Italian food truck nestled behind the Vortex Theater on Manor RD.What to get: Soup Of The Day and Patrizi’s Red Sauce with meatballs
2305 Manor RD
- Texas Cuban – Hot-pressed Cuban sandwiches. A delicious variety of cuban sandwiches, burgers and chicken but also offer a great veggie sandwich option!What to get: El Cubano with plantain chips
1700 S Lamar Blvd
- Gemma Love – An authentic Jamaican food trailer that boasts a one-of-a-kind experience for everyone! They use only the freshest ingredients to hand craft the best vegetarian and caribbean food in Austin. And if that wasn’t good enough, they are also gluten-free!What to get: Ox Tail
1318 S Congress Ave
- Ms P’s Electric Cock – Fried Chicken at its finest. Ms P’s only uses the freshest, local free range chicken to create some of the tastiest dishes to ever grace your lips. You can also find a wide variety of taco options- a staple for any food truck in these parts.What to get: Fried Chicken and Mac & Cheese
1101 S Congress Ave
- Mighty Cone – A meal in a paper drink cone that you can hold in one hand, what could be better? Check out this popular spot for a unique twist on trailer food. The flavorful Hot ‘n’ Crunchy breading on chicken, avocado or shimp is what makes this trailer a must-visit spot on your trip.What to get: Chicken-Avocado Cone
2512 Rio Grande
- East Side King – Check out this Austin favorite for enjoyable Asian street food! This establishment embodies the essence of Austin with its eclectic menu options and affordable prices that everyone can enjoy!What to get: Poor Qui’s Buns and Beet Home Fries